Hello from Sydney!

Hello from Sydney!

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

There will be miracles when you believe! Letter from July 13, 2015


We had countless miracles!! Have faith when you set goals and have the faith that you will achieve them!! With that faith, say detailed prayers to your Heavenly Father. 

We found many souls that are prepared to receive the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. and by we, I mean the spirit and my awesome soa. Sister Uitu is a faith-finding machine! I feel so blessed to be with someone so humble and in tune with the spirit. 

One thing that helped us a lot with our finding this week was having the faith to be bold. Do or do not, there is no try. Trying gets us nowhere. We have to 'just do it' in order to achieve anything. 
This was the training that we received in our Zone Meeting. "Just do it". Trust that the Lord will guide you. Nothing happens until we open our mouths and proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

We had a miracle with Kirby!!! We had a great lesson with her as we taught her the message of the Restoration. We asked her what her goals are for her and her family. She said that she wants to be sealed to her family for eternity. That moment was so beautiful. The spirit filled the room instantly. As we talked about her goals and vision, we discussed the effort it would require. She has agreed to be baptised on September 30th! Although it seems far away, it's coming up quick! (they need to get married and sort stuff out...)

This past week, we also had a great lesson with a LA member of over 50 years...
He's been struggling in his life for a long long time. He left the church over 50 years ago. He never denied the truthfulness of it, but it just didn't 'suit' him. However, apparently he was praying to Heavenly Father for help, and shortly after that, Sister Uitu and I rocked up and knocked on his door. We know that the spirit guided us there. He is accepting the Saviour back into His life and we all know that God was the director behind all of it. It was so powerful as he bore testimony and acknowledged the change he wants to make in his life. 

I had the best trade-off ever with Sister Mikaele-Pali, our Sister Training Leader. She's amazing!! I absolutely love her! We even have matching sheets and towels from Wal-Mart! We also finish each others' sentences haha. She reminded me of who I really am. This next part will sound a little narcissistic. As I've the advice of President Hinckley's father, to "forget yourself and go to work", I've been struggling with my 'identity'. Losing yourself in the work is so rewarding, but it can be scary. Lately, I've been trying to figure out who I am. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, who used to be someone else, and who is never looking back. I have been called to cry repentance to the children of God. I am Sister Lew. I like to dance, have fun, and laugh. I love music and find that it's one of the best ways to feel the spirit. I can have fun and do this work. I can be myself and smile. I can be "Little Miss Sunshine", like I used to be in High School (according to every single club I was a part of). This is who the Lord needs me to be to serve His children here. 

What else...
I gave a talk in sacrament meeting yesterday. yay. 

We're in a cold snap right now. this week will be freezing. It finally feels like winter. Except, I didn't prepare for that :/and I got a haircut!

Love you all! 
Sister Lew

No comments:

Post a Comment