Hello from Sydney!

Hello from Sydney!

Monday, August 24, 2015

Fearless -- August 17th


"When we fear, we're just having an identity crisis"

The above statement is so incredibly true. We are children of our Heavenly Father. We have divine potential. As we completely rely on the Saviour and His Atonement, we can do ALL things. 



Being back in the city has reminded me that I have no need to fear. I have Christ by my side at all times as I continue to keep the commandments and do all I can to serve my Heavenly Father. 
I love how busy it is here! Miracles are everywhere. Literally. I've been reminded that everyone we see is a child of God, and as missionaries, we have the privilege of inviting them to come unto Christ. We are constantly talking to people on the streets and trains. We have a pretty solid teaching pool. Sister Valdes speaks Spanish and is able to bring  many many Spanish speaking people the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

We had a baptism on Saturday! Giulia from Italy! She is the epitome of "golden investigator". She met the elders on the street and from then on, she's been coming to every activity and to church every week. She just soaks in the Gospel and knows it's right. She shines and glows with the spirit. It was a beautiful service!!!


It's nice to be back in the YSA ward! It's even more transient than Vic1!! So many changes have occurred, but it's also nice to see the familiar faces. I love the missionaries I'm serving with. They're all fantastic and we get along really well. It's nice to work closely with missionaries and feel the unity that the City missionaries have. We just all love each other. :D We're one big family. 


What else has happened....
We attended the mission call opening of a sister, and she's going to Sweden! It reminded me of when I opened my call. The spirit was so strong and everything felt right and perfect. I can't believe that I'm a missionary! Although it wasn't an overly huge focus for me growing up, I've seen how the Lord has prepared me to be here at this time. I'm so grateful for my loving parents who have raised me in the Gospel and set an excellent example. I'm learning what it means to follow the path of Christ. 

I love seeing how Christ directs His work. It's truly beautiful. 

I love you all heaps! Have a great week!

Sister Lew

No comments:

Post a Comment