Hello from Sydney!

Hello from Sydney!

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

1 year! Letter from July 6, 2015

Shoal Bay
It's been one year since we were all together at Nin Nin's house. WHAT THE HECK, how insane is that? In 3 days, I'll hit my one year mark. I can't believe it. It's flown by, but at the same time, it's been so long. It's been a great year. I can look back and say that I am happy and proud of the person I have become in these 12 months. I have become a disciple of Jesus Christ. Although I still struggle to act like it sometimes, I know who I am. I am a daughter of a Heavenly King. I am a disciple of Christ. I do my best to follow His example and live His gospel. As a missionary, I've learned that this is the Lord's work. Not mine. It is directed by Him and He leads and guides us through the Holy Ghost. 

My testimony has grown tremendously. I know with all of my being that my Saviour and Redeemer lives. He performed the Atonement so that we can overcome our sins, transgressions, and suffering. Because He lives, we too can live with our Heavenly Father. I know that families are eternal. I know the Book of Mormon is true. It is the word of God and it testifies of Christ. It was translated by the prophet, Joseph Smith. I know that he did see God and Jesus Christ, and restored the Church of Jesus Christ on the Earth again. We have a living prophet on the Earth today. He is called by God and continues to receive revelation for God's children today. I am here because of President Monson and the revelation he's received to call me to be a missionary at the age of 19. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints contains the fullness of the ever-lasting gospel. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I've had to be raised in this Gospel. I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to share it with God's children in Australia. 

I am a witness to the Lord's miracles. He loves His children and wants to bless them. It's amazing how much joy, peace, and happiness the gospel can bring people. This Gospel is so beautiful. 

This week has been full of cancelled appointments and beautiful weather for finding more of God's children to receive the Gospel. It has been hard. But that's okay! We can't expect it to be easy if it wasn't easy for the Saviour. Sister Uitu and I have grown a lot together as a companionship, and I'm so grateful for that. I'm incredibly grateful for the gift of forgiveness, love, and patience. She definitely has that because I know that I fall short so frequently. Thank goodness we have the Atonement. Without it, I would definitely not be here. 

Sister Uitu and I
What else has happened...

we celebrated the 4th of July with sparklers! That was fun! 
It's cold but sunny!
I have at least 5 more weeks in Newcastle! 
President Packer passed away :( 

I love you heaps! I hope you have a great week!!

Love,
Hermana Lew

My 4th of July creation

Sparklers for the 4th of July
Elder Lucerna's going away party

No comments:

Post a Comment