Hello from Sydney!

Hello from Sydney!

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

I Love to See the Temple! - Letter from June 22, 2015


Talofa!

Happy Father's Day to the best daddy in the whole wide world! 

Yesterday in Gospel Principles, we talked about our Heavenly Father and the role that he plays in our lives. He's not just "God", but he's our Father. I'm so grateful to have a dad who is the best example of our Heavenly Father here on Earth. Words can't express the love and gratitude I feel towards both of my fathers. My invitation to you is to reflect on and evaluate your relationship with Heavenly Father. Pray and ponder about what you can do to strengthen this relationship.
And watch this video :) 

This week has been hectic! I can't believe it's already Monday again. It's been cold and rainy in Newcastle... meh. We've had a few good days of sunshine and many miracles along the way. 

We had our ward Temple trip on Saturday!! We had to wake up super early to drive down, but it was so worth it. June, Tori, and Shulin were there and it was awesome! They had a great experience and it was neat to see how they noticed the spirit of the Temple. Because I grew up in the church, I easily forget that the spirit felt in homes, church, and especially the Temple are more foreign to people who are new to the church. I'm so grateful that I was brought up with this spirit and that I now have the opportunity to help others experience it as well. It was just so peaceful and refreshing. Although I wish I had done a session, it was nice to be in the baptistry. Sister Weiss and Sister Valdes came as well! 
June and Margaret with Sister Uitu and me
Tori and I


Shulin at the temple

Sister Valdes
Later that evening, we had an amazing lesson with our Korean investigator, Chris. Sister Uitu and I have been meeting with him since our first day together. We went over to the Reed's home for dinner and taught a lesson on the Atonement. It was so cool! The whole thing was really inspired. Before we even arrived at their house, Chris was asking questions related to the Atonement from his Bible study earlier in the day. We read from Alma 7:11-13 and bore testimony on our Saviour's sacrifice for us so that we can return to our Heavenly Father. When we asked him how he felt about it, he said that he was grateful and that he wants to follow Jesus Christ. We then invited him to follow our Saviour's example and be baptised on July 11th and he accepted! It was so quiet and peaceful in the room. The spirit was so strong and I was about to cry! Heavenly Father has prepared His children to receive the Gospel. He has His own timing in His work. Marlies bore her testimony in Korean and it was so cool. It tied off the lesson really nicely. 

The rest of our week has been good. We've been trying to meet more less-active members and finding more new investigators. This coming week will be our last zone conference with President and Sister Howes. I've learned so much this past year from them and am so grateful for the opportunity I've had to serve with them. Lots of exciting changes are happening! 

I hope you all have a great week! Love you heaps! 
Alofa Atu
Sister Lew

No comments:

Post a Comment