Hello from Sydney!

Hello from Sydney!

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Letter from June 15, 2015





There truly is opposition in all things. Just when blessings are being poured down and people are making the right decisions by following Jesus Christ, Satan attacks hard. 

But let's start with some of the blessings. 

When I was in the City, we were teaching an investigator named Liu Ding. She was absolutely amazing and fantastic, but couldn't commit herself to preparing to be baptised. She knew the church was true but living the commandments was really hard for her. The Korean and Chinese speaking missionaries continued to work with her when I left. Since then, I hadn't heard anything until Saturday when I got a call from the Assistants saying that Elder Easton and Elder Arnold want to connect. They told me that Liu Ding just got baptised 20 minutes prior to the call in KOREA. It's been 6 months since I left, and since then, she's continued investigating, moved to Melbourne for a few months, back to Sydney, and then to Korea. Throughout that whole time, she's been meeting with missionaries. She even fellowshipped for them. SO COOL! Heavenly Father is amazing. One of the last things Elder Easton said was that "no effort is wasted", and this whole experience truly testified to me that no effort is wasted. The Lord has a purpose for everything, regardless of whether we're planting seeds, reactivating, or baptising. This work is directed by the Lord himself. 

Shulin is doing really well! He received the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday and got his temple recommend and will be coming to the Temple trip on Saturday along with Tori and June!!! We're so excited for this ward temple trip. I absolutely love the Temple. It's just so beautiful and peaceful. We're able to really build our relationship with God and feel at "home". I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father has provided a perfect plan for all of his children to return to Him and that we have Temples to assist him in his work. 

Another blessing, I'm staying in Newcastle for 8 more weeks!!! I know that the Lord needs me here. There are lessons to learn, miracles to see, and work to be done. Newcastle Ward is so great. I feel so blessed to serve here. 

I personally have felt a lot of Satan's influence on me this past week through discouragement, laziness, anger, frustration, impatience, etc...But through scriptures and prayer, I've been able to push back. I'm grateful for the knowledge and resources I have to overcome these temptations and trials. With these feelings, I asked Elder Ezra for a blessing. It was one of the most beautiful blessings I've received. It reassured me of my purpose here, not just on the mission, but in life. Serving a mission has taught me to truly forget myself and go to work. This isn't about me, but it's about Heavenly Father and bringing His children back to Him. 

I invite you to look up scriptures and hymns that comfort you in times of need. We have been provided with such great tools to remind ourselves that we have a Saviour who performed the Atonement so that we can overcome life's challenges and trials. There will be times where we will need them. They will help us draw nearer to Christ and help us rely on him, thus increasing our faith in Him. That faith leads to many more blessings and miracles that Heavenly Father is waiting for us to experience.

anyways that's about it...
It's cold here. I got to pet a koala today! Sister Metcalf was kind enough to take us to Blackbutt reserve (hence why I'm emailing so late). Life's been good. just busy and cold. also I'm on a chocolate fast until my birthday. (...I think I'm addicted to dark chocolate). I'm excited for the Temple trip this Saturday! 



Max Brenner Chocolate
I love you all! Have a great week!

Sister Lew

No comments:

Post a Comment