Hello from Sydney!

Hello from Sydney!

Monday, August 24, 2015

Lead With Love



This week has been so amazing! We have had miracles and miracles!

Miracle #1: Rose is preparing to be baptised on the 29th of August (THIS SATURDAY!) 
She came to both sessions of Stake Conference and loved it, even though she couldn't understand quite a fair bit. She felt the spirit. As we talked about her baptismal date, she recognised that it was soon but KNEW with all of her heart that this is what Heavenly Father needs her to do at this time in her life. She is willing to do all that He asks of her. She told us she couldn't come to the Sunday session of conference, but we explained that as she puts God first in her life, everything else will work out and she will be blessed. She was still hesitant, but on Sunday morning she texted us saying that she'll see us at church! We had a great lesson with her this morning and feel that she is being prepared by the Spirit to receive the blessings God wants her to have. 
We are also hoping that her sons back in Malaysia will start meeting with the missionaries soon!

Miracle #2: Sister Metcalf e-mailed me saying that Jess from Newcastle will be baptised this Saturday as well!!!!! And her husband came to church, which is a HUGE step! I know that Heavenly Father prepares people in His own timing. 


Miracle #3: I went on trade offs with Sister Sindorff in Summer Hill and Sister Tian in South Harbour! I love the sisters SOOOOOO much! ❤They are so inspiring. Such great examples of our Saviour, who we have the great privilege of representing everyday for the rest of our lives. That's right, not just for 18 months, but our entire lives after we enter the waters of baptism and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I've had to get to know them and learn from them. Even more so, this assignment has allowed me to feel and express the love that Heavenly Father has for them. He really does love us all SO much. We have such great potential as His children. 

Tradeoffs have been really fun. We don't have a car, so we travel by train and bus with our suitcase. Yay for being homeless! 


Lately, I've been studying what it means to be a 'consecrated' missionary. To be consecrated is to understand and fulfill the potential we have been given, and rely on the Saviour to do His work. We need to exert ALL that we have to this great work. We need to lay everything on the Altar of Sacrifice and put our focus on the Lord. This is hard. Thank goodness we have the Atonement to help us overcome that and master self-control. 

I absolutely LOVE working with Sister Valdes! I learn so much from her every day. She is the epitome of a consecrated missionary and I'm always left in awe by the way she fulfills and magnifies her calling. I am so grateful to serve with her :) 


I love being a missionary. It is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm sad that I didn't realise that I had this calling before I had a name badge, however, I now know I can keep it with me for the rest of my life. 
I want to invite you to watch this video. Pay attention to the impressions you receive. Pray and think of someone you can share the Gospel with THIS week and how you can be a missionary everyday. I promise that as you do so, you will find the joy that comes from seeing someone accept the blessings that we have as members of the church. 

I love you all! Have a great week! 

Sister Lew

No comments:

Post a Comment