Hello from Sydney!

Hello from Sydney!

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Zhong Qiu Jie Kuai Le! (Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!)


A moon cake and a lantern
I wish this computer typed in Chinese...but Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!! One of the members gave me YueBing and I was suuuuuuper happy! :)

It was cold this week....but today was nice and warm! We did a personal safety class with one of the members! That was heaps fun! Then we walked part of the Harbour Bridge with some of the other missionaries! It was beautiful!! I feel so blessed to be in such a beautiful city! 

View from Harbour Bridge
I love being with Sister Luo!


This week has been great! I love being with Sister Luo! We had soooo many miracles! On Wednesday, we went soap boxing with our zone and the new arrival missionaries (who came straight from the airport). It was a very empowering spiritual experience. Standing on a crate and bearing testimony to people on the street sounds a little crazy...but I realised that I love this Gospel so much and I just want everyone to have the opportunity to learn and accept it so that they can have eternal life. It was nice hearing my testimony out loud, and truly feeling that I am here to serve the Lord. The spirit confirmed to me that this was all true and that I'm not wasting my time. 

As Elder Jordan (our new district leader) was soapboxing, a young Chinese girl stopped to watch and Sister Luo immediately went to her. Her name is Amelia and she is from China. She is so keen to learn and we were able to set a baptismal date with her for Oct 17! She came with us to Jin's baptism on Saturday and she just felt the spirit so strong. That was really neat. 
Soapboxing
We also met with a few other new investigators, including Julie from Korea! She reminds me a lot of Yan Lin since she is also young and is a free thinker. However, she really wants to know if the message of the Restoration is true. We had a very brief but powerful lesson with her and she also accepted the invitation to be baptised! 

Leon is still progressing. Everytime we meet with him, I learn so much from the way he understands the Gospel. It is so obvious that the spirit is teaching him and helping him understand, and he sees it in a way that helps us learn and grow. For example, we asked him why he thinks God gave us commandments. The answer I thought of was to protect us and keep us safe. His answer was to help us become perfect like God and help us know how to live our lives because we are not perfect. I thought that was so cool! 

I have no doubt that Heavenly Father is preparing His children all over to receive the Gospel. Everything really does happen for a reason, and it's all part of God's great plan for us. I'm grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and that everyone will have the opportunity to receive the blessings of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Everyone has the chance to have eternal life with our Father in Heaven. How cool is that?!?!

Sister Luo, Sister Nelson, and I were together until Thursday, when Sister Munoa came! We know some of the same people, it's kind of crazy! We have 3 awesome new missionaries in our district. They are truly prepared to be here and miracles are already happening. They are great examples and are going to really bring miracles into this part of the Lord's vineyard. All 3 also went to BYU, so that makes them even cooler :P Also, my Chinese is slowly but surely growing and improving. Sister Luo is so patient with me. She's awesome! We have so much fun together and she's such a great example to me. 






This week is going to be great :) We're excited!!

Love you all heaps,
Sister Lew

No comments:

Post a Comment