Hello from Sydney!

Hello from Sydney!

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Letter from September 15, 2015

House of the Lord
Holiness to the Lord

I got to go to the Temple today for the first time since December 2014! It was so amazing and beautiful. I was soooooo happy! 

This past week has been full on! I definitely saw the adversary working HARD against me. Temptation, laziness, boredom, uni, family, friends, and more all started attacking me. It was so frustrating. I'm so grateful to be with Sister Valdes. I love having a companion I can love and trust. I can be open with her and she's helped me push through it and enjoy the work. She is a prime example of a 'consecrated missionary'. I hope to become like her within the next 3 months. Eye single to the glory of God and serving with all of my heart might mind and strength. There's nothing that takes her away from this work. It's quite impressive. 
With Sister Valdes at the Opera House

P-day fun with Sister Valdes
I got to serve with the Chinese sisters last week on trade-offs! I went to Ryde and Greenwich (they actually live in the same flat) and I was with Sister Yu and Sister Luo. Both are such amazing sisters!! They have such a great spirit about the work. It's really exciting! LOOOOVEEEE THEM!
I learned so much Chinese as well...I'm becoming more comfortable speaking it. I have the weirdest phobia of speaking Chinese with white people that speak it as well. I choke and can't speak. It's actually quite sad. But I'm perfectly fine when it comes to the natives. Weird…
With the Mandarin speaking sisters
We have some great investigators who are progressing really well! We had 6 at church on Sunday!!!
Although no one is quite ready to accept baptism yet, they all have a great desire and hunger to learn more. They're all keeping their commitments! Especially reading the Book of Mormon. We have an investigator who just loves the Book of Mormon. It's great to see how they're really trying to study and ponder it to know if it's true. 
With Michelle
I've been able to gain a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon this week as well. I've made more of an effort to study it with my PMG in my personal study. There was one day where I studied 'faith' in PMG and in Alma 32. Out of the many many times I've read that chapter, only then did it really mean something to me and I felt like I was truly learning. 

Being a missionary is so beautiful. The time really goes by so fast and every moment is so incredibly precious. Being with Sister Valdes has helped me see how important the Lord's time is and that there is not a second to waste. I'm so grateful for the privilege I have to serve my Heavenly Father. Despite the rejection (oh yeah...we got told to Go Away pretty harshly this week...), stress, aching bodies, and emotional roller coaster of it all, it is the best thing I can be doing right now. I love being in a ward where I can see people grow in the Gospel and support each other in every step of the way. 



This is my last week with Sister Valdes and Elder Despain! So we're going to make the most of it and see miracles :)

Love you all heaps!
Have a great week!

Sister Lew


No comments:

Post a Comment