Hello from Sydney!

Hello from Sydney!

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Transfers!

Ice cream on a spring day in Manly


This week has been one of much learning. It has been a roller coaster of emotions. 

First off, MIRACLES! Leon has a baptismal date!It has been such a privilege to see how much he has grown. His faith is increasing every day and he has such a great desire to learn more truth. He hungers for that truth. We prayerfully invited him to be baptised, and he accepted (after many many invitations). He is preparing to be baptised on the 17th of October, so please pray for him! He's probably my first investigator that asks REALLY good questions....you can just tell he's prepared. 

We met with Viviana and she is awesome! We fasted with her and she had a great experience. She's keeping all of her commitments and she just feels the spirit so much more in her life as she's been living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We had 3 other Spanish speakers in the lesson...so everyone was speaking Spanish but me. It was pretty funny.
With Guilia
We went on trade-offs with the Manly sisters. Manly is soooo beautiful!! I was with Sister Toluta'u. She is amazing! Definitely on fire and I just loved how she was constantly bearing her testimony. 

With Sister Toluta'u

Sister Valdes and I saw so many miracles. As I keep mentioning, she is the most consecrated missionary I know. I'm so grateful for her diligence and obedience. It has definitely motivated me to do much much better and become a true disciple of Jesus Christ. I can honestly say that we really did our best this past transfer. We gave it our all. Although we were always exhausted, we knew that we were doing what the Lord needed us to do. We always felt a sense of accomplishment knowing that we were able to assist in the work of salvation. 
She truly is such a great example and I am eternally blessed to have served with her. Not only were we companions, but we became best friends.
My last goodbye with Sister Valdes
Transfer calls came around and I am now with Sister Luo from Taiwan! She is so lovely! We are so excited to smash the city and learn Chinese. Yay! 
Sister Luo is my new companion!
There were quite a few changes in our district, but I am excited for this transfer! We have 3 missionaries coming into the city and our new Zone Leader is Elder Dean, who served in the city with me a year ago! Lots and lots of miracles are awaiting! :) 

Elders Wilde, Despain and Orr
We also had Zone Conference! That was really good! I LOVE LOVE LOVE President and Sister Checketts. We really focused on 'listening to the Spirit', which is something I am working hard to improve. The Spirit is the true teacher in this work. Without it, being a missionary is useless. I am so grateful for the knowledge and gift of the Holy Ghost. It has made all the difference in my life and I am striving to be worthy of it at all times. 

Lately, negativity has been creeping into my thoughts and emotions, to the point where I sometimes feel unable to feel the spirit. It is scary and it's dark...Yesterday, we had a lesson with a member and we read in Alma 52. We talked about how we have the power to overcome and conquer Satan and that through the Atonement, we can do all things. It's so incredibly true, and I felt a literal weight being lifted from my shoulders as the spirit testified to me that as long as I rely on my faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, everything will be okay. It was just amazing to feel the power of the Atonement. Christ truly did suffer, bleed, and die for us. Not just for our sins, but for our weaknesses, suffering, and trials. The Atonement is so beautiful. I am eternally grateful for my Saviour.

This ties into the theme of our sacrament meeting yesterday, which was the Restoration. We have the fullness of this knowledge of the Atonement because of the Restoration. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church on the Earth. I know that it has been restored to its former glory through the prophet, Joseph Smith. I know that Joseph Smith did see God, the Father, and His son, Jesus Christ. I know that it is the same church that Christ established when He was on the Earth. "Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven". One of the elders was sharing how no sacrifice is too big or too much for the Lord's work. I reflected back on all of the sacrifices that were made so that we could have the Gospel. I also think of all the sacrifices that were made so that I can be here to represent Jesus Christ and preach His gospel. There truly is no sacrifice that is too great for this marvelous work. 
I know that the Priesthood power has been restored and that it is the power of God. It is so beautiful and I am so blessed to have the Priesthood in my home. I know that it truly does bless families. I pray that every priesthood holder is worthy of it and prepared to use it in time of need. 
The Book of Mormon is true. It is the word of God, and as we read it, we will come to know more of our Saviour. President Thomas Monson is the prophet today, and I am so grateful that we have the privilege of listening to him in just a few weeks! God is our Father in Heaven and His son Jesus Christ truly is our Saviour and Redeemer. I am grateful for this opportunity I have to serve my Heavenly Father and preach His restored gospel to the people of Sydney. It is the greatest blessing and privilege. 


I love this Gospel and I love this work!

Have a great week! Love you all heaps!


Sister Lew




No comments:

Post a Comment