Hello from Sydney!

Hello from Sydney!

Sunday, October 4, 2015

My Soul Hungered


Enos is one of my FAVOURITE books in the Book of Mormon. My soul hungers as I plead with my Heavenly Father every night on my knees. Christ feeds our souls as we rely on Him and His Atonement. There is no mistake, sin, weakness, trial, or heartache we can't overcome. How great is that?! All of this sparked from Sister Munoa and Elder Bartlett's stunning musical number of 'My Soul Hungered'. It brought tears to my eyes....absolutely stunning!! 

We have been able to set 5 baptismal dates with our investigators for October 17th!  We are praying and hoping all will go well and that they can progress! 
That is probably one of the biggest struggles, helping our investigators keep their commitments. We by no means want to rush them, but this is salvation we're talking about. It's hard to help people see the urgency and importance of our message, even when we bear testimony with our whole hearts. 
But our investigators are so great! We had some very powerful lessons, including one with Viviana! We went over to the Asplunds for a yummy dinner and we brought her with us. We taught The Gospel of Jesus Christ and we had such a powerful lesson where it was so clear that the Spirit was teaching. 
Yan Lin and Nora are "my twins" baptized 1month and 2 days apart!!
They love dressing up the same! I'm so happy to be back in the city with them.

Cupcakes with Sister Derrick
We went on trade-offs in Summerhill with Sister Derrick from England and Sister Smith from Utah . I just love our sisters so much! They are such great examples; constantly working with all of their heart, might, mind, and strength…it definitely motivates me. We have SOOOO many new missionaries, so it really pumps us to work hard and be good examples. 

Our Zone before the last transfer
Also, 3 new apostles! I'm so stoked! Elder Rasband came to the mission in Feb with Elder Bednar. The Restored Gospel is true and I know that God has called prophets and apostles to represent Him on the earth to lead and guide us. I am SOOOO excited for General Conference. We got to watch the Woman's conference at the stake center. Definitely so inspired! It was all on hastening the work of Salvation, something we all play a huge role in. 

This week of studies was really good. As I was studying some of the commandments, I learned that God promises us very specific and beautiful blessings. Sometimes the commandments can seem like restrictions that prevent us from having fun, but it is the complete opposite. I know that living the commandments brings even greater joy into our lives. They liberate us from guilt and shame, feelings that hold us back more than any other feeling. When we keep the commandments, we are safe and protected. We avoid pain and heartache. We are filled with peace, joy, and love. It's such a great blessing to have commandments. Especially the simple ones like CPR (Church, Prayer, Read the Book of Mormon). These things help us have the spirit in our lives. When we don't have the spirit, we feel stuck....so keep the commandments! 

It's getting really hot over here. It's nice! My tan is coming back! #missionarytanlines

Anyways, I hope you all are doing well!! Have a great week! 

Love you heaps,
Sister Lew


No comments:

Post a Comment