Hello from Sydney!

Hello from Sydney!

Sunday, October 25, 2015

And the rains came down...

Sister Rupper and her daughter Emily dropped off a package from home (Hong Kong).
Thank you!!!!!
A package from home!
 One of my favourite parts about being a missionary is going finding in the rain! I was on trade-offs with Sister Ihler, from Pocatello, ID, and we just walked around the city, sharing our unique message with everyone that we possibly could. People thought we were crazy for being so happy and "working" in the "horrid weather". It wasn't raining that hard by HK standards, but the wind was strong. It was so much fun! It reminded me of why I am a missionary. I am here to serve a righteous cause and help bring salvation to God's children. That rain was nothing compared to the weather conditions the pioneers faced. We got to watch Ephraim's Rescue with the ward (with our investigators). It was awesome! I'm so grateful for the faith of the early saints. Their faith literally wrought miracles. I've seen that on my mission more times than I can count. As we have faith, the Lord will work miracles. God is so real!
        A little break from the rainstorms
Seasalt chocolate brownie soft serve…omnomnom  with Sister Ihler
This past week has been phenomenal! We had so many miracles and heaps of good finding. I think this was a record of New Investigators on my mission...8!  2 of them are a beautiful couple from Colombia! We are referring them to a family ward, but they're so great. They love the feeling of the church and can definitely see how the Gospel will bless their family. 

Our investigators are doing well! Especially Chimgee and Eva! 

Ever since we've been working with Chimgee, we've been witnessing a miracle. From being curious but not believing in God to knowing that God is real, He loves her, and is helping her in her life in the span of 3 weeks is absolutely incredible. She brought us to tears as she bore her testimony in broken English that she believes in Heavenly Father. It was so beautiful. I love being a missionary! Feeling the spirit so strongly in all that we do is such a blessing. Eva is a miracle as well. She knows the Gospel will help her become a better person. She loves coming to church and she is excited for her baptism on the 14th! 

I received the terribly sad news that Nora is going back to Mongolia this Wednesday... :(  But I know she's going to be so strong and be a leader of the church there. She is absolutely incredible. She and Yan Lin are the best ward missionaries I know. 
I'm going to miss this girl.  Nora, you're amazing!
This is Boa
Lately, I've received a lot of revelation on how I can become who the Lord needs me to be. For the past few months, I have been feeling very inadequate and incapable of doing this great work. I have discovered more weaknesses in myself than I thought I had (Pride and humility have never been such a focus in my life until now...) But I've really learned that to overcome it all is to just focus on others; something that has been brought up again and again in my mission. That is what it means to "forget myself and go to work" and to "love the people". Simply serve them. Care for their welfare...and be genuine about it! I hate how selfish the world wants us to be...but the way of the Lord is to serve others. As we do so, we will feel the greatest satisfaction and joy and love that life could possibly bring us. 
This also applies when we teach. We need to love our investigators enough to help them keep their commitments to prepare for baptism. If we truly desire their salvation, we will make sure that we help them keep commitments rather than simply learning the Gospel. Conversion comes from living it. I know that as I've lived the Gospel, I've been blessed, and this has helped me come even closer to my Saviour. It has helped me know that He lives and that through Him I can return to live with my Father in Heaven. Everything will work out as I continue to do what is right, fully relying on the Lord. 

I love this Gospel with all of my heart. I love my Heavenly Father and my Saviour. I love being a missionary.

Love,
Sister Lew
Mexican food and Ginger Beer
Zone P-day at Centennial Park

Zone P-day at Centennial Park

Zone P-day at Centennial Park

Zone P-day at Centennial Park

No comments:

Post a Comment