Hello from Sydney!

Hello from Sydney!

Monday, October 12, 2015

What Lack I Yet?



How amazing was General Conference?!

The Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is on the Earth today. It is a fact. Thomas S. Monson is God's prophet and Elders Rasband, Stevenson, and Renlund are true apostles of the Lord. I'm so grateful for the many answers I received to my questions and the many revelations I had for the Lord's work, His children, and my future. 

The themes that stuck out to me most were Sabbath-Day Observance and the Plan of Salvation. 
It's so important that we keep things in an eternal perspective and remember our ultimate goal - exaltation with our families. In order to achieve this, we need to fully rely on our Saviour, His teachings, and His Atonement. His teachings include keeping the Sabbath Day holy. I never recognized the significance of this commandment until coming on my mission. But I know that as we fully dedicate this day to God, we will be blessed immensely (there are specific promised blessings...I just don't have my PMG with me right now to help me out #failmissionary). 

I'd invite you all to really take the things you learned at conference and apply them everyday. We tend to remember them for a week or a month or so...but really try to make a conscious effort to heed the words of the prophets in all that we do. I promise as we do so, our lives will be more spirit-filled. We will become the people that Heavenly Father desires us to become. It's such a blessing to have prophets and apostles on the Earth today. They truly are called by Jesus Christ and God. 
Sister Luo and I waiting for our interviews
This past week was great! We had interviews with President and Sister Checketts...I just realised this is my last cycle of interviews, zone conferences, etc.... so that was my last interview before my exit one! Crazy! I love President and Sister Checketts. I'm so grateful for their love and leadership. They have a great vision for this area, which is 4 x in White. Baptism, Temple, Endowment, Sealing. This is a vision that we try to create for every single child of God that we meet. 
We had stake MCM with our Stake President, Pres. Hamilton. He is a very wise man. It felt more like a training than an MCM, but it was SO inspiring. It was fantastic. Great insights on how we can really hasten the Lord's work in this area and how we can encourage all of our members and missionaries to rise. 
Fun fact that he shared. The word 'Enthusiasm' comes from 'entheos', which means "God with them"....so when missionaries are enthusiastic about the work, it's because God is with us. STRUTH!

Sister Luo and I have had a miracle week! Especially with Mongolians. In the past week, we've had 3 new Mongolian investigators, 2 of whom have baptismal dates for Nov 14! Super exciting! Nora has been able to fellowship, and watching her teach and testify in her native tongue is so powerful! The lessons we've had this week have been some of the most powerful lessons I've had in my mission. The Gospel is made for every single one of God's children! It's tailored perfectly to everyone in their individual circumstances. 

We had a district fast yesterday for a harvest of souls...specifically for every companionship to baptize many on November 14th. I know that fasting is so powerful. Please pray that we can meet this goal and that we'll have the faith to do so. 
Faith without works is dead. True statement. However, we need ABSOLUTE faith, no doubts, in order to accomplish the Lord's work. 

We went on tradeoffs with Sister Nelson & Sister Munoa and Sister Smith & Sister Toluta'u last week! I love trade-offs! They're just such great learning opportunities. I love being able to see the Lord's servants the way He views them. God sees us for what we can become. As His children, we have incredible potential. 

I love this Gospel and I love being able to share it with everyone. I absolutely LOVE my companion! We have the best time together. Lots of laughs and lots of love. :)

Have a great week! Love you heaps!

Cheers,
Sister Lew 
Chocolates!

No comments:

Post a Comment