Hello from Sydney!

Hello from Sydney!

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Fear Not, I Am With Thee

Ryde District

Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid.
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my righteous omnipotent hand.

This week has been quite the experience. I never thought that in my last 6 weeks in the mission I would feel as though I'm a brand new missionary. I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's really allowed me to rely on my Saviour and Heavenly Father. I know that God knows each of us personally. He knows our every need and He is answering our prayers. I've had countless prayers answered this week and it's been such a testimony building experience. I know that there is no need to fear, but it's part of the natural man. We need to constantly remind ourselves of who we are as children of a Divine Heavenly Father. God understands our weaknesses, and he is patient with us. We just have to be willing to obey HIs words. 

Sister Yu and I have been finding all week. Our assignment is to work with the YSA and find uni students. This week and next week are finals time...so we haven't had much success with new investigators because they're all studying and apparently have no time. (THERE IS ALWAYS TIME. BEING TOO BUSY IS NOT AN EXCUSE, ESPECIALLY IN THE GOSPEL). But we obviously understand. We've met some really keen people though! We're keeping in contact with them until after finals and we can meet with them. 

I love living in Eastwood. It's China-town on one side and Korea-town on the other. I feel like I'm in the Wan Chai markets...It smells like it too! Char siu fan and baozi everyday! Just kidding...but I totally could if I wanted to. 

Greenwich ward is awesome! Our first Sunday there was really good. I love the members, and I already know a few of them, especially the YSA! So I'm super stoked to work with them. There's a very special spirit in that ward. The members are really strong, so it'll be good. We sustained our new WML on Sunday, so he's starting out with us! 7/12 missionaries are new to the ward...yes, we have 12 missionaries. Just like the City! The boundaries are massive...it goes from North Sydney to Carlingford

I love Sister Yu!

What else...
I absolutely LOVE Sister Yu! It's fun finally being companions, not just roommates! She is such a hard worker and we get along great. We have so much fun together. ANNNDDD she's teaching me Cantonese! XD 

Love you heaps!
Sister Lew

No comments:

Post a Comment